Promoting innovation and business growth by connecting business with education.
Collaborating with colleges and universities is good for business growth, providing ventures of all sizes and at all stages of development with access to expertise, skills and facilities. Which in turn nurtures innovation and competitiveness.
The Belfast Met Connected programme gives small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) a valuable knowledge exchange link between academia and industry.
Funded by the Department for Economy, Connected demonstrates that the further and higher education sectors in Northern Ireland are ready and willing to share their vast pool of expertise, knowledge, research capability and world-class facilities to local businesses.
Connected businesses and organisations benefit, as Connected:
- Reduces costs through short term use of skills, knowledge and expertise
- Enables you to access specialist equipment and facilities not readily available otherwise
- Offsets risk by sharing the development journey
- Helps to leverage further research funding
- Reduces the time it takes to get a product to market
- Provides opportunities to develop and extend networks with academics and like-minded businesses
- Brings new perspectives and broadens your business horizons
- Helps generate a skilled workforce and improve the quality of in-house R&D
- Raises the profile of your business
Through Connected, Belfast Met is currently working with businesses in areas such as Emerging Technology and New Product Development. Belfast Met has focused on work in the following areas, click on the subject area for more information: